Things to do at Broward College
Broward College is located in the heart of sunny South Florida. We’re just minutes away from 20-plus miles of stunning beaches to the east, with plenty of water-based sports to keep your weekends busy, like windsurfing, fishing, parasailing, canoeing, snorkeling and more. To the west is a vital ecosystem of wetlands that make up the Florida Everglades, which is 全民双色球旧版下载 to an array of wild native and exotic animal species. There’s plenty to do on our campuses as well. Here is just a glimpse of what you can do once you become a part of Broward College:
Bailey Concert Hall, Omni Auditorium & Performing Cultural Arts Theatre:
Take in a spectacular show brought to you by your fellow Broward College students at one or all of our three performance venues. See our award-winning theatre students perform a family-friendly play or watch ballet, jazz and modern dancers grace the state in one of two annual performances from our Dance Program. Spend an evening listening to the Jazz Ensemble, the Seahawk Singers, Symphonic Band, Symphony Orchestra or Choral Society.
Are you an athlete, or enjoy athletic events? Join one of Broward College’s eight intercollegiate sports teams. Represent the Broward College Seahawks competitively in tennis, soccer, softball, baseball, volleyball and basketball.
Intramurals & Recreation
If competitive sports are not your thing, we offer plenty of other recreational activities. Regardless of your fitness level, we are sure you will have fun participating in kenpo, soccer, volleyball, flag football, and basketball.
- Your Broward College student ID is your free pass to a healthier lifestyle. Get exclusive access to conveniently located Fitness Centers with top-of-the-line exercise equipment and health-monitoring devices, including ellipticals, treadmills, fat monitors, stability balls, exercise bikes and bench presses.
Student Activity Center:
If you have a bit of downtime between classes make sure you spend your time at one of Broward College’s Student Activity Centers to relax and meet new people. Relax on campus by sitting back and tuning in to a movie on a 52” screen while you wait for your next class to start. If you would rather be more active, grab a pool cue or pick up a paddle and challenge a buddy to a fun game of pool or ping pong. There are plenty of activities to choose from such as pinball, dominos, foosball, card tables, arcade games and video game systems available to all students on campus.
BC Graves Museum Collection:
Unleash your inner explorer by checking out the exhibits and artifacts from BC’s Graves Museum Collection, available at several of our campuses and centers.
more about our collection.
Tigertail Lake Recreational Center:
- Are you an outdoor enthusiast or adventure-seeker? Then participate in the College's wild excursions and stock up on extra doses of fun for little or no cost. Partake in activities such as learning how to sail or searching for buried treasure while scuba diving in the Florida Keys.
Buehler Planetarium and Observatory:
- The Buehler Planetarium provides Broward County residents and visitors with guided explorations of the night sky, outer space, and astronomy using state-of-the-art planetarium equipment.
Things to do in Broward County
Broward County is where you’ll find the thought-provoking Museum of Art in Fort Lauderdale and the world’s largest butterfly garden at Tradewinds Park. The region also features hundreds of golf courses, tennis and basketball courts, baseball and softball diamonds and swimming pools.
Shopping and Dining:
- Sawgrass Mills Mall – The largest outlet and value retail shopping destination in the United States. With more than 350 stores, there is something for everyone in this enclosed shopping experience with everything from fashion and jewelry to electronics and more.
Las Olas – Twinkling lights set the stage each evening for South Florida’s most architecturally chic, authentic, and eclectic shopping and dining district. Stroll the boulevard, duck in and out of the cool breezeways, and be enchanted by what you’ll discover - nowhere else in Florida will you find over 30 al fresco dining options, 10 major international art galleries, 2 world class museums, 65 unique shops filled with fashion, accessories, gifts, and more.
Hollywood Oceanfront Boardwalk – With a unique 2.6 mile long boardwalk directly on the Beach, with fine and casual Restaurants, shops, bars and Clubs, and no street, no cars in between, you are guaranteed the best view everywhere with the sand & the ocean at your feet.
- Bonnet House Museum and Gardens – Ponds with bonnet water lilies and tropical gardens surround this historic 35-acre 1921 courtyard style waterfront 全民双色球旧版下载, whose artistic and innovative owners, famed artist Frederic Clay Bartlett and his wife Evelyn, made equally beautiful inside.
Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum – This museum is a reproduction of a Packard showroom from the 1920s. On display are 22 Packard motor cars from the 1900s to the 1940s, all in full working order. Among them, are Roadsters with compartments for golf clubs, a doctor's coupe with a compartment for his medical bag, and a 1929 645 Dual Cowl Phaeton that can self-lubricate its chassis as it drives along the road.
Historic Stranahan House Museum – The Historic Stranahan House Museum is the City's oldest surviving structure. The story of the Stranahan House is the story of a family, a house, and a city. The Stranahan House has stood at the center of Fort Lauderdale's growth since it was built and played a significant role in the economic and social life of the Broward community.
- Hollywood North Beach Park – This popular 56-acre park, acquired by Broward County in 1988 and located at A1A and Sheridan Street, provides access to 1.1 miles of public beach and beautiful views of the Intracoastal Waterway. Learn more about Hollywood North Beach Park at http://www.broward.org/Parks/Pages/Park.aspx?=19
Tour the Everglades – Everglades Holiday Park- Everglades Holiday Park is known the world over as the best attraction in South Florida for experiencing the thrill of an exhilarating ride through this natural wonderland. The safe airboat excursions will take you out into the open Everglades where you fly over the sea of grass, the Sawgrass river. Then you stop at strategic spots to allow yourself to quietly observe the amazing alligators and other wildlife in the pristine setting.
Butterfly World – A three acre tropical landscape where you can observe butterflies in their natural habitat.
Flamingo Gardens-a 60-acre non-profit wildlife sanctuary, aviary and botanical garden located just west of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Understand real Florida by viewing wildlife, native plants and trees, and experiencing Florida history through the Wray House. Find out personally what it is like to hand feed the flamingos in this tranquil setting.
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts – The Broward Center for the Performing Arts invites you to discover something new to love about the arts. Try theater, from tragedy to farce. Dance, from ballet to modern. Music, from classical to opera to pop. With performances year-round, there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
- BB&T Center – The Florida Panthers are a professional ice hockey team based at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida. They are members of the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Hockey League.